Are you thinking of summer yet? Is it still too early? Delaware has had a chilly spring so I’m still not ready for summer! How is the weather where you live? I hear it’s been a chilly spring for most of us in the US!
Tuesday Turn About #154 Summer Celebrations
Check out last week’s party for more inspiration!
This post may contain affiliate links, at no additional cost to you. For more information, see my complete disclosure HERE.
Weekly Photography Tip
It’s been a busy couple of weeks in our personal lives so my photography tip is going to be really short this week! I’m slightly out of bandwidth 😉
If at all possible, use natural light for your images. It really does create the best lighting. Plan your shoots during the optimal times for your particular home.
If the brightest times of the day mean that you will have harsh, direct sunlight coming into the window, choose either a different time of day to shoot or hang a white sheer shower curtain on the window to diffuse and soften the light! The shower curtain will turn your window into a softbox for about $7!
BTW, have you taken some shots of yourself yet? Have you added your name and a short bio to your sidebar as we talked about last time? Be sure to do that soon – your readers want to know your better!
Now, let the party begin!
Join us on the socials!
- My Wee Abode: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- My Family Thyme: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
- Reinvented Delaware: Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Though not a requirement, we would love for you to join us on other platforms. Feel free to subscribe to our email lists, our Facebook pages, our Instagram accounts, and our Pinterest boards!
Let’s create community!
Julie at My Wee Abode
Be sure to hop on over to Julie’s blog at My Wee Abode and Lynne’s blog at My Family Thyme to check out SIX additional features from Tuesday Turnabout! If you haven’t been featured on Reinvented Delaware this week, you just might be featured on one of the other hosts’ blog!
Chair Spindle Farmhouse Flags
July 4th celebrations are right around the corner and Amber from Follow the Yellow Brick Home has an easy farmhouse flag project for us! These Chair Spindle Farmhouse Flags look so easy to make, don’t you think? Thanks for sharing them, Amber!
DIY Mason Jar Utensil Holder
Sarah from Must Have Mom came up with a cute way to hold utensils at your next patriotic gathering. These painted mason jars are another easy project and it would be fun to get your kids or grandkids involved! Great project Sarah!
6 Tips to Prep Outdoor Spaces for Summer
With all this talk of summer gatherings, Marie from This Dear Casa shares her tips to prep outdoor spaces for summer. Thanks, Marie! I especially love the tip about shopping for ‘new’ planting containers!
Let’s start sharing! Because this is a party, we encourage all who link up to visit several other bloggers who have linked as well – comments and pins are a great way to spread the love!
Before you get started, take a look at our guidelines:
- This party is for home decor and home-related posts only (recipes, organizing, DIY, crafts, etc.). Link up to 3 related posts. Please do not link up informational posts that do not relate to the topic.
- If you would please not link up shops, advertising, round-ups, other link parties, or any posts promoting sales, we would appreciate it.
- DO NOT PIN FROM IMAGES ON THIS PAGE (it just won’t work right on Pinterest). However, please visit the original post/source and pin from there. That works perfectly!
- Please make sure that your images are in a jpeg or png format. If we can’t save your image, we may not be able to feature you. So sad!
- By linking to the party, you give us permission to share your projects on our blogs and social media. We will always give proper credit with a no-pin image.
We’re looking forward to all of your fun posts this week! Give us your best!