Omgoodness I can hardly believe it! Are you like me when it seems time is moving faster and faster as I get older?
In my morning scripture writing this week, I wrote from Psalm 90:
Teach us to number our days so that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
At 60, I’m still learning this. Counting each day as precious isn’t easy in our busy world.
But I encourage you to aim towards realizing the brevity of life. I’ll join you 🧡
Here are some projects you will enjoy! The concrete porch is a fan fave on Pinterest. The fall season is the perfect time of the year to update your dull concrete porch floor and I can show you how we updated ours!
Barkly wants you to know that this before and after dresser makeover is awesome! He was there for the whole process!
Click the images to see the posts!
recent YouTube video
We had a great day shopping at an outdoor flea market at the Annual Eastern Shore Threshermen’s Festival recently. My hubby helps to explain the old-fashioned farm equipment and my daughter and I share a fun thrifting haul.
And you will also see one of our cute little grandsons, Ollie!
You can see all of the fun by watching the video below.
Just tap the image to watch! Be sure to subscribe while you are there so you don’t miss any of our free tutorials!
recent podcast episode
This is our recent discussion about a dresser we turned into a vanity! If you are ever interested in a project like this, then you will enjoy this episode!
BTW, did you notice my hubby is actually SMILING???
Tap the image to listen! You can also find the video version of this episode on YouTube!
The following post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and then buy something, I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog. full disclosure here.
Four of my blogging friends and I are getting together and sharing our hand-picked favorite finds just ‘four’ you! We will each be sharing four things we are currently loving and we know you will love them too!
You can check the links below for our faves and be sure to pop over to visit their blogs. Each of these ladies has a beautiful vintage-loving style like you and I do. I’m sure you will enjoy reading their posts!
Reinvented Delaware – Cindy
- Do you like to clean old silver pieces you find while out thrifting or antique shopping? Sometimes I like to keep the patina on silver but sometimes I like to polish it. Earth Brite is the best cleaner I have ever used and it is safe on your skin. It also cleans copper, stainless steel, and brass like no-body’s business!
- I’ve been working on a fall wreath project that involves paint – of course 🤣 ! Dixie Belle offers some of the best chalk paint out there for projects like my fall wreath. It’s easy to use and the colors are amazing! Stick around for that upcoming project btw!
- Cleaning chalk paint or any paint for that matter, couldn’t be easier than with Scrubby Soap. It is a citrus-based soap that is infused into a scrub-daddy material. Clean-up of any painting project is a breeze and it’s safe for your hands too! In fact, there is even a goat’s milk version and an olive oil & aloe bath and body version! I’ve been using both each night and my skin feels so smooth!
- We painted our front porch concrete floor a couple of years ago, and it is holding up so well! It would have been a daunting task, but my Wagner Paint Sprayer made the job so easy! I also stenciled the floor – it’s gorgeous!
Lora Bloomquist – Lora
- It’s an end-of-summer tradition to attend our amazing Minnesota State Fair the week before labor day. I’ve gone almost every year of my life. This week Mr. Fix-it and I filled up on cheese curds, mini doughnuts, and way more food than I could list; it was wonderful! At one of the booths, I picked up a dozen handmade rusty metal Fall leaves. Once they get a simple coat of THIS to seal, I’ll be adding them to my autumn decor. You can find similar ones HERE. (Take advantage of the Labor Day sales while you’re there, too;)
- At a local cute shop, I spied this beautiful handmade macrame lampshade. I love the boho vibe and how the crafter used a white and jute combo. I haven’t decided where I’m using it yet, but these awesome lightbulbs don’t need electricity, which means I can hang a bulb in the pretty lampshade and hang it anywhere (the shadows will be awesome, too). Find handmade macrame shades HERE (or find a pattern and make one yourself).
- Fall fragrances are the best. They just make your home cozy and inviting. Two ways I like to incorporate the autumn fragrances into my home is by burning candles and switching up my everyday soaps. THIS hand poured candle, we used to sell at my store instantly transforms my brain to Fall. And THESE soaps next to my sinks make my nose happy (I do also love the other Fall fragrances, too).
- I’ve got 2 new Marvin windows in my office! Which means I really need to buckle down and make it organized and cute;) I finished reviving a vintage wood kitchen table to be my desk, and I’m so excited to be able to use my comfy, tufted chair next to it (I’ve been sitting on a stool with no back support:( ) If you’re feeling the urge to update some of your spaces, too, be sure to check out THIS Labor Day sale on everything home decor. I’ve ordered several upholstered desk chairs there for my family. (My chair is similar to THIS one, but they have many varieties).
Saved from Salvage – Regina
- COILED ROPE BASKET – I love this basket, unfortunately so does Dempsey. It holds pup toys and for some reason Dempsey thinks he should carry it around, dump it and then pull it apart. Anyway, it’s the perfect size for throws or magazines.
- HAND TOWEL – I hope I am not the only one that is so hard on things like hand towels. I have the best intentions honestly I do, but then the dogs drool on the kitchen floor and you wipe it up and realize the floor is dirty. See a theme here? I guess my readers who don’t have dogs are probably going to stay that way.
- WOODEN STOOL – I’m so excited that since Josh has bought his house that I can start shopping for stuff for his new place. Well I can start suggesting. I love this for inside the door in his sunroom. Really cute right?
- OUTDOOR ENTERTAINING – This cookbook is on sale for only $10.40. If you love outdoor entertaining like I do, this is amazing. I think fall is actually my favorite time to eat outdoors.
Sky Lark House – Anna
- With fall just around the corner, I have started looking for subtle ways to change up my decor. I love this fall grass standing bundle. Putting out dried grasses is such an easy way to decorate for fall.
- This applewood and amber scented candle is a perfect way to usher in the season.
- These Spode brown transferware bowls are on sale right now and are perfect for autumn.
- Finally this wooden bowl is fabulous. It compliments all the fall decor and is perfect for the coffee table or kitchen table.
one for the road
This week I made up a batch of homemade spaghetti sauce for a friend in need. Maybe you have a friend who could use some freezer meals too!
Or maybe you like the idea of an easy dinner during your busy week! Tap the image below for the easy recipe!
Visit my Amazon Storefront!
Click the button below and head over to our online shop on Amazon!
Until next time…