Woohoo for the weekend! Are you the kind of person who loves the weekends?
One of my favorite things about the weekend is the more relaxed pace we have as we go throughout our day.
No schedules. No structure. No agenda.
Well except attending church. That’s such a great way to start Sunday mornings and it refreshes me for the week.
And then there are the yard sales and thrift stores I want to check out! That’s often what I have on my to-do list!
I’ve been out thrift shopping some this week and I will be sharing that trip in an upcoming YouTube video so stay tuned! I found an amazing deal on a king-size quilted bedspread just yesterday!
Have you heard that our Freebie Library has been updated with the cutest fall printable designs? You can print the artwork and use it to decorate your home for autumn using the ideas I share. You can also find gift tags, greeting cards, and phone wallpapers! Click the image below on the left to get the other ideas for using the printables!
If your fall decorating budget is tight like mine, then you will love the inspiration I’ve gathered for you in upcycled fall home decor ideas and projects. Simply tap the gorgeous corn husk wreath image below on the right for the budget-friendly ideas!
recent YouTube video
Confession: I’ve become hooked on YouTube! There are so many amazing creators willing to share what they know how to do!
We love to share our thrift store makeovers. They are among our most popular videos.
Here is our most recent thrift store makeovers video. In it, I show how I mended and repaired an almost 100-year-old quilt! It was worth saving, believe me!
I also shared the cutest little pumpkins made from an item you probably already have in your kitchen! BTW, stay tuned for a full blog post about those little pumpkins coming next week!
Tap the image below to watch! And go ahead and subscribe to my channel while you are over there. It helps me to continue sharing the FREE projects with you!
While you are over there, be sure to watch the live video that I shared about our freebie library. I had a TERRIBLE mishap at the beginning but I finally got it all straightened out!
recent podcast episode
We are on a podcast break so I don’t have a new episode for you! But you can listen to any of the episodes you have missed by choosing them below!
Do you love to create? Are you passionate about sustainability? Then you’ll love Reinvented Delaware: The Podcast!
Join hosts Cindy and Steve as they explore the world of repurposing, upcycling, DIY projects, thrift shopping, antique shopping, auction shopping, and thrift hauls in Delaware. In each episode, they’ll share their tips and tricks for transforming old materials into new treasures. They’ll also interview experts in the field, and give you inspiration for your own projects.
In today's episode, From Hutch to Farmhouse Sink, we take you on a journey through on of our most popular DIY adventures – repurposing a 1980s oak hutch into a charming farmhouse-style laundry room sink, complete with a galvanized tub as the sink basin.
The Backstory: We share the inspiration behind their hutch makeover. We also discuss our love for farmhouse-style décor and the desire to repurpose furniture whenever possible, breathing new life into old pieces.
The Furniture Piece: Hear the history of this oak hutch, when we bought it, how long we have had it, and even when we tried to sell it!
The Vision: Listen as we describe our vision for the hutch-to-sink transformation. We talk about how we planned to blend the 1980s oak hutch with the rustic charm of a galvanized tub to achieve the perfect farmhouse aesthetic.
The Makeover Process: Dive into the nitty-gritty details of the makeover. From sanding and painting to reconfiguring the hutch's countertop to accommodate plumbing, we take you step by step through the transformation process.
Challenges and Triumphs: Like any DIY project, this one had its fair share of challenges. we share the hurdles we faced and the creative solutions they came up with to overcome them.
The Finished Product: Prepare to be amazed as Steve and Cindy reveal the stunning final result of their hard work. The hutch-turned-sink is now a centerpiece of our laundry room, adding both functionality and style to the space.
So, whether you're a seasoned DIY enthusiast or just someone looking to add a touch of farmhouse charm to your home, this episode is a must-listen. Join us as prove that with a little creativity and a lot of love for repurposed furniture, even a 1980s oak hutch can have new life in your home.
Thanks for watching! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Buy Me a Coffee | Support our channel! Thanks!
BLOG POST:China Cabinet Makeover:https://www.reinventeddelaware.com/china-cabinet-makeover/
Sign up for our email so you don’t miss a new video or blog post! Plus you will gain access to our FREEBIE LIBRARY!
JOIN OUR JOURNEY ON THE SOCIALS:
My Amazon Storefront (includes my camera gear)
Disclosure: The links contain affiliate links. I will receive a commission for items purchased via these links at no additional cost! I appreciate your support.☺️ Read the product labels carefully and take all recommended precautions when using these products. Complete these projects at your own risk 🙂
The following post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and then buy something, I will make a small commission at no additional cost to you! Thank you for supporting my blog. full disclosure here.
Four of my blogging friends and I are getting together and sharing our hand-picked favorite finds just ‘four’ you! We will each be sharing four things we are currently loving and we know you will love them too!
You can check the links below for our faves and be sure to pop over to visit their blogs. Each of these ladies has a beautiful vintage-loving style like you and I do. I’m sure you will enjoy reading their posts!
Reinvented Delaware – Cindy
- If you wear makeup, then you know the rising costs of it! I recently discovered e.l.f. brand and I was thrilled to see that Walmart carries it! The Camo CC Creeam Foundation and the Camo Powder Foundation are phenomenal and only cost $15 and $10!
- e.l.f. also had some amazing solutions for my disappearing eyebrows! I’m seriously getting bald spots in my eyebrows! AGH!!! The Precise Brow Pencil and the Wow Brow Gel are taking care of those problems for me! I do not leave my house without putting on m eyebrows!
- I’m also loving the Contour Palette. This can be used to define my cheekbones (apply it just under your cheekbone!) as well as my eyes. It’s such a natural look! The Lash ‘N Roll Mascara defines my lashes without looking overdone.
- The Primer Infused Blush lasts all day. It gives the right amount of rosiness to my cheeks. O Face Satin Lipstick comes in so many colors! I like the colors that match my natural lip color the best.
Lora Bloomquist – Lora
- It’s October, so of course I’m going with a pumpkin theme today! Last year I picked up a couple lighted grapevine pumpkins. They are so cozy decorating the top of the dining room hutch; the shadows are beautiful! They are definitely worth adding to your pumpkin decor collection. Get the smaller pumpkin HERE, a little larger one HERE.
- Fall just feels like plaid. I love to spread vintage plaid blankets all around for a cozy vibe. They add texture and pattern to our porch decor or they look beautiful hanging on an old ladder inside. I love finding them at thrift stores, but you can also find a great variety HERE.
- Last Fall I hosted a special brunch with my mom’s friends in honor of her October birthday. It was my excuse to buy pretty pumpkin dishware. It was so fun to pull it out again this year! Find similar pumpkin dishware HERE. These Cedar Placemats are my favorite and they sell out quickly this time of year. You can find them HERE.
- I’ve hit quite a few great estate sales lately:) At one of them, I found this awesome vintage pottery jack o’ lantern. He looks so cute peeking out from my glass kitchen cupboards. Pottery class was all the rage years ago and there are so many fun vintage ceramic jack o’ lanterns to be found. I rounded up a whole variety of vintage versions for you HERE. Enjoy all the cuteness!
Sky Lark House – Anna
- These Dry-Fit Wicking tops are fabulous. I wear them anytime I am exercising. They are comfortable and super affordable.
- The book White and Faded is positively addicting. I can’t stop reading it for inspiration. She even shares seasonal decor ideas.
- Now that the weather is getting cooler, I have to be more mindful about exfoliating my skin. These silicon facial cleansing brushes are perfect for daily exfoliation.
- Speaking of facial care, this moisturizer from Cetaphil is perfect if you are looking for something reasonably priced thats made for sensitive skin and includes an spf.
Saved from Salvage – Regina
Regina isn’t able to join us this week! We miss you Regina and all the amazing finds you share with us each month!
one for the road
Here is a sweet thrifted sweater pumpkin project I know you will love! You’ll want to grab an old sweater from the back of your closet and a pair of scissors before you are finished reading the post!
Visit my Amazon Storefront!
Click the button below and head over to our online shop on Amazon!
Until next time…